RESET THE CONTROL BOARD
1 – Unplug the washing machine for 10 minutes.
2 – After 10 minutes, plug the washer back in.
3 – The washing machine’s main control board may have reset.
4 – Test the washing machine by running a small load.
5 – If the tE error code is now clear, resetting the control board has fixed the problem.
If unplugging the washer did not clear the tE error code, try the method below:
CHECK THERMISTOR WIRING HARNESS
1 – Check the wiring on the Thermistor itself.
2 – Check the wires that connect to the Thermistor to be sure they are not loose or broken.
3 – Check the wiring going from the Thermistor to the control board.
4 – Be sure the wires have continuity and the wiring harness is not damaged.
5 – If the wiring harness is found to be damaged, replace the wire harness and test washer.
If the wiring harness going from the Thermistor to the board is in good condition and both wires have continuity, try the next step:
DIAGNOSTICS MODE – TEST MODE – MEASURE MODE – SERVICE MODE
– Use DIAGNOSTICS MODE to find out if the Thermistor is faulty.
– You will need to put your Samsung washer into DIAGNOSTICS MODE.
– This will need to be done to determine what water temp the control board measures.
– If the temperature reading is not the same, then you will know the Thermistor is OUT OF RANGEwhich means the Thermistor needs to be removed and replaced.
In Diagnostic Mode, you can check what error codes have occurred using diagnostic mode.
When you enter into diagnostic mode the letter “d” is displayed.
Turn or jog the dial in a clockwise or counter clockwise motion and you can see which error codes that have recently happened.
(See below for how to get into test mode)
Samsung washing machine tE error code repair
Samsung Washer tE Error Code Thermistor Measure Mode Check:
(Note: Some Samsung washing machines will vary getting into diagnostics or test mode, consult your service manual to be sure)
– Press and hold Signal + Extra Rinse for 5 sec.
– Press Extra Rinse to select the Board Input (in) mode.
– Turn knob counter-clockwise to select 1st LED.
– Compare the Temperature Table below to the Sensor Resistance.
Samsung washer tE error code thermistor check – Temperature table
If after troubleshooting you find you need to replace the Thermistor:
(The Thermistor is located on the back of the washer)
Do you have a Samsung washer that displays tE or tE1 on the display? Please let us know if you have comments or questions and we will be happy to assist.